Today is another review day! I have been a fan of Skin potions ever since I tried their Acne pie soap and Tomato serum, so I got really excited when my best friend; chelsea, gave me a bunch of skin potions goodies and one of which is the buttercup organic toner.
Skin potions is a local brand that offers a lot of skincare and makeup products suited for every Filipinos and is affordable compared to other drugstore brand. I have fell in love with the brand since last year when I first tried their Acne pie soap which incredibly works for me. When I first saw them in the bazaar, they already have a ton of skincare line but they still continue to grow their brand day by day which I’m so happy about.
“Skinpotions is a Filipino beauty brand that offers organic skincare and cosmetics at wallet-friendly prices. Made with natural ingredients, each Skinpotions product aims to enhance your skin and care for your complexion. Expect a soft, radiant, and flawless look.”
BUTTERCUP ORGANIC TONER
“An effective natural antioxidant, anti acne and pore minimizer.Made with effective anti-pimple ingredients from fruit acids”
Price: Php 349.00 or $7
Weight: 50ml or 1.69 fl.oz
Tones, hydrates, and disinfects; naturally brightens and whitens blemished, spotty complexions with papaya, bearberry, and lemon extract; helps treat and heal acne without drying up skin; leaves a tighter, smoother, softer, and clearer look
Ingredients stated in the bottle also includes tea tree extract, coconut alcohol, Phenoxyethanol and parfum.
This is said to be perfect for those who are acne prone to minimize breakouts.
How to use: Put a ample amount of the toner to a cotton and apply it in your face and neck with an upward motion.
Packaging: Props to skinpotions for leveling their packaging game! It was cute before but it is way cuter this time.
The toner is in a plastic bottle that can easily dispense the product. All of the product details including ingredients, directions and use is all in the label.
- If you have smelled a tea tree extract or a product with tea tree it smells like that. You can easily know that this product has a tea tree extract just by the scent of it but it’s not to strong to be irritating.
- I have to be honest just like my other reviews, I did had a break out after using this BUT it is because I just figured out that I was one of those people that has a rash reactions with tea tree oil. I have tried two more different products containing tea tree oil way before and I did had also a break out which I just realized the day after I tried this out.
- After I applied this product I do however felt the my skin felt hydrated and clean. It did remove excess dirt from my face that didn’t came off with my cleanser.
Tips and Final Thoughts:
- It is better to always do a patch skin test before trying out products for the first time. Always do your own research
- If tea tree oil works on you then this is perfect for you. This is an affordable way of including tea tree with your skincare.
- I do believe that no brand is perfect, there will be products that are good and bad. There will be products that I will love with skin potions (Acne pie soap and tomato serum is the bomb!) and other products that will not work with my skin condition.
- It’s nice to see a local brand growing so big in the industry and I can’t wait to try out more skinpotions product.
SKIN POTIONS BeautyMnl: https://beautymnl.com/brands/skinpotions Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/Skinpotions/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skinpotions/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChvLzGYuqLTP2qT8Pwkaa-g
PRODUCTS THAT WORKS FOR ME MIGHT NOT WORK FOR YOU--WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT SKIN TYPES AND PREFERENCE NO PART OF THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY ANY COMPANY OR BRAND MENTIONED ALL PICTURES ARE MINE UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED