I think a lot of my Instagram followers are waiting for this review so here it is. I have been using this for a month now and this is a good cleanser but it also has some important cons I should tell you.
Senka Perfect Whip Foam Cleanser
Price: Php 420.00 or $ 8.20
Description: A cleanser that foams up like a whipped cream. It is said that this is perfect in removing makeup and other impurities. This is said to be good for daily use and is Paraben, Sulfate, Alcohol, Silicon Free but has some acids like Lauric, Myristic and Stearic.
How to use: Just squeeze out a pea-sized amount of the product into your finger hands and rub them together to make it a whip and then apply it on your face and rinse well.
Packaging: This cleanser is in a squeeze blue tube. All the description all are in Japanese but you could easily find all product information online. A very straight forward packaging.
Effectiveness: Okay. Here it goes.
- I love how this cleanser really cleanses my face and easily removes excess makeup and I love the foamy feeling on my face.
- It has a very mild scent that I really can’t describe but it is okay.
- Now let’s talk about the ingredients– it is good that it is free from other chemicals but it also has acids that could potentially block pores. This is really a comodogenic cleanser so if you already have a problem with your pores this isn’t the best cleanser for you.
- When I first tried this one, I could easily guess that this would be a drying cleanser because it gave me that squeaky clean feeling and often times those products just dries me out and I was right, the longer I use this the more I can see and feel how this product is just sucking up all the moisture in my face.
- Then upon researching about this product I came up with this post saying how high the pH level of this cleanser is and upon thorough research this cleanser does have a whopping pH level of 8.0 which means that this cleanser is very acidic which also means that it is really drying for the skin.
EDIT: Correction. It’s not acidic but in the Alkaline level. Products with high pH level can disrupt the skin mantle and can cause skin irritation and dehydration that is why products with high pH level or in the alkaline level is not too good for the skin.
Final Thoughts and Tips:
- Since I really have a problem with my pores I probably won’t buy this again and the one I have right now I will still use it but not for everyday use. Like I said it is good in removing excess makeup so I will use it for that purpose only.
- If you already have this and you don’t want to use it again, fret no more! I read on Reddit that you can still use it as a shaving cream! The foamy texture is really good as a shaving cream.
This is my honest thoughts of the product. I know it has tons of good reviews everywhere and I’m not saying that they are not true but this is just on personal preferences and experiences.
No part of this post was sponsored by any brand or company All pictures are mine unless otherwise stated Opinions are 100% honest to goodness What works for me might not work for you and vice versa