I’m back with another Some By Mi product review provided by Style Korean. Today’s product is their Miracle Cleansing Bar that claims to take care of your pores, moisturize and brighten your face with the help of tea tree and other natural plant extract.
In my first review (Review: Some By Mi Rose Intensive Tone-Up Cream|Style Korean) I forgot to really introduce to you Some By Mi. Basically Some By Mi is a Korean brand that takes pride in producing products that doesn’t have carcinogens, parabens and fragrance and coloring. One of their most popular product is their Miracle Toner. They are known for their skin care products but they also have a makeup line.
We focus on recovering the natural health of the skin and the strength of the cells
SOME BY MI MIRACLE CLEANSING BAR
Price: Php 975 or $ 19.5
Works as exfoliator to leave skin cleaner and more radiant than before!
Contain of Tea Tree 10,000ppm, AHA/BHA/PHA/Niacinamide 2%, 20 kinds nature plants extract. Pore care, brightening, moisturizing!
Ingredients: This cleansing bar’s main ingredient is AHA, BHA, PHA, Niacinamide and tea tree extracts. Some other ingredients include lauric acid, Sodium Stearate, Sodium laurate, Olive oil, Argan oil, Green tea and other fruit extract such as lemon, apple and orange.
I want to discuss their main ingredient because I feel it is really what makes the soap unique.
AHA- Alpha Hydroxy Acid are derived from plant and animals. Some AHA are citric acid (from citrus fruits), glycolic acid (from sugar cane) and lactic acid (from lactose or other carbohydrates). AHA helps exfoliate the skin, prevent acne breakouts and promote collagen and blood flow.
BHA -Beta Hydroxy Acid These acids is also responsible for exfoliating the skin by removing the dead skin cells. They remove the bond between dull and dead skin on your face. BHA is also good for oily skin because they also remove oil that clogs pores and can help treat black and white heads.
PHA- Poly Hydroxy Acids is best for those who have sensitive skin because this acid is not harsh on the skin unlike AHA that can dry out the skin. PHA has also some moisturizing properties, can reduce redness and improved skin brightness.
How to use: You use this as your typical bar cleanser. But you can also use a mesh to create a foamy cleanser.
I use this twice a day–in the morning and at night. It is advisable to patch test this soap because of the acids this might be too irritating to some.
Packaging: This is in your regular box of soap and the bar of soap is wrapped twice with plastic so it is really hygienic. The box only contains Korean language except the main side which has the product name and claims but all the other product information can be seen on Style Korean website.
Effectiveness and Other Experience:
- This soap really smells like tea tree but when I applied it on my face it wasn’t too over powering.
- I did cut the soap thinking that it might melt too easily but I was wrong–it doesn’t melt easily so you really don’t waste a lot of product and you can get your money’s worth.
- This soap doesn’t produce too much bubbles but you can use a mesh to have a foamy cleanser.
- I find this soap a bit drying even though the claims said that is is a moisturizing soap. I feel that this soap is just really sucking up all the moisture after drying my face.
- I started using this soap a week before my monthly period and during my period I didn’t experience any breakouts which I usually do.
- I also noticed my face became more and more flawless to the touch but up close I can still see some textures and bumps but not as worst as before.
- I wasn’t expecting too much on the pore care section but when I check my face up close I did notice that my pores are less visible and even smaller. It’s not shouting “hey look at me I’m a huge pore bursting with oil” it is just whispering “hey I’m a cute pore or whatever”
Final Thoughts and Tips:
- I will continue to use this cleansing bar because I really appreciate an acne free Roseanne and also bonus points for slowly removing the textures and bumps on my face and imporving my pores.
- I would recommend using a super hydrating toner after using this because as I said this really came to me as a drying soap.
I hope you enjoyed reading this detailed review!
Direct Link to the Product:
Product was sent by Style Korean All pictures are mine unless otherwise stated Opinions are 100% honest to goodness We all have different skin conditions and preference What works for me might not work for you and vice versa