Happy Saturday! Today I’m excited to share to you my latest review of the Althea Sunblock–Petal Velvet Sunaway. I have been obsessing their Petal Velvet loose powder so when this came out I was super excited to try it and I really have high hopes since I have been loving their other Petal Velvet product.
Shield your skin from the sun’s rays and give it some petal protection with Althea’s Petal Velvet Sunaway!
Price: Php 500 or $10.
Weight: 55ml or 1.86 fl oz.
Description and Claims:
A lightweight sunscreen that protects the skin from UV rays with a petal-like finish. This sunaway has natural ingredients, soft as a flower petal, with light weight formula and is cruelty free. This has a SPF 50 PA++++ that will protect you for both UVA and UVB rays.
- translucent sunblock
- Leaves skin feeling fresh and hydrated
Ingredients: Some notable ingredients include:
- DAMASK ROSE which is responsible for giving that radiant glow and also has soothing properties.
- GERANIUM OIL that gives you a glow and also helps heal acne.
How to use: Apply a generous amount of the sunaway before any sun exposure. Always remember to shake the product before applying.
Packaging: The packaging of the Sunaway is super sleek and classy with a pink and white theme. The bottle has a pointed tip so it is easier to control the amount of product to release and also if you shake the bottle you can hear a ball that stirs the product.
Effectiveness and other Experiences:
- Let’s talk about the scent first, it smells like rose which some may find lovely but some might not like it but personally like it rather than the typical sunscreen scent.
- Just like my initial thoughts, it has a velvety finish but when it dries up, it has a semi-matte finish.
- The semi-matte finish helps my skin be more hydrating and at the same time doesn’t make my face look flat. It just gives a healthy glow.
- In terms of Sebum control, I would say that it also helps in oil control but not entirely will make your face oily free.
Final thoughts and Tips:
- This is a great everyday sunblock because it is lightweight and doesn’t give any white cast.
- This has become my go to sunblock since I love the healthy glow finish it gives.
- Overall, I would definitely recommend you guys to try this if you are looking for a good everyday sunblock.
Direct link to the product: https://us.althea.kr/petal-velvet-sunaway
Product was sent to me by Althea as an Althea Angel All pictures are mine unless otherwise stated Opinions are 100% honest to goodness What works for me might not work for you and vice versa